Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Day We Got Chickens

Yesterday we got chickens; we got four hens.  All of the girls got to pick their own.  My chicken's name is Clucky.  Clucky is the second biggest hen that we have.  These hens are only 6 months old so they don't lay very big eggs.  What we feed them is compost and chicken feed.  The compost helps their eggs get bigger faster.  Hens only lay one egg per day; it takes 25 hours to provide an egg.  Today we got another chicken because we felt like four didn't fit in with five girls.  So, when Papi came back, the coop was complete.  The chickens are very special to me!  Today I finally got to hold a hen and it felt comforting because she was so soft and fluffy like a blanket.  I love my chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval